You guys, I am so excited to tell you that I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award! I can’t describe how much this means to me. I was so very nervous to start blogging. In the last two months, I have found that the blogging community (especially the mom bloggers) is so welcoming and supportive. Thank you so much to Emmy Kissinger of Bright Little Mama for the nomination!
Thank the blogger who nominated me and provide a link to their blog. ✔
Write a post to show the award. ✔
Write a brief story of how my blog started. ✔
Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers. ✔
Select 15 other bloggers that I want to pass this award onto. ✔
Comment on each of the 15 blogs to let them know that I have nominated them and provide them the link to this post. ✔
How My Blog Started:
In the first few weeks of my son’s life, I read so many books, articles, mom blogs, and Facebook group posts looking for parenting advice. As I continued to learn all of this new information, I felt like I wanted to share it with other new parents who were probably looking for the same info. I started thinking about blogging as I was writing my son’s birth story. I realized how much I enjoyed writing, and that it was such a good outlet for all things Mama that were swimming around in my head. As I was writing his story, I also realized that I love reading birth stories. They are all so different, and yet so beautiful.
Advice for New Bloggers:
1. Invite friends to guest blog
Not only does guest blogging take some of the pressure off of coming up with enough content, but it is really fun to engage with other writers. I have caught up with so many friends that I haven’t talked to in years because they contacted me about writing a guest post.
2. Use Canva to make Pinterest worthy posts
At first I was using the free version of PicMonkey, but I found it so limiting. Last week I found Canva, and I like it so much better! And no, I am not sponsored, nor am I an affiliate of Canva (unless they wanna pay me…), I just really like the program. And its free too!
1. Catherine Rahm of mommyisexhausted.com – Cat has been a huge support for me as I have navigated the blogging world. Her encouragement has really kept me going! Also, I love her Quick Tip Tuesdays — so fun and informative 🙂
2. Ashley of theradmommy.com – Ashley’s site is beautiful!! She provides lots of encouragement and tips for entrepreneur moms (like me?) and features other Rad Mommies. Check her out!
3. Emily & Sherry of foreveryoungmoms.com – loved their essential oils post! I have an essential oils post coming up on Friday!
4. Corey of nostalgiadiaries.com – Guys, she does Music Mondays. Love it.
5. Kayla of adventuresofayoungmother.com – Great post on dealing with pregnancy weight. I gained 45 pounds when I was pregnant. Ugh! Still working it off, but I’ve already lost 37 pounds!!
6. Sarah of thecrochetingmom.com – I’m a fellow crocheter, so I enjoyed the Mother’s Day Crochet Ideas and the post on how to make money crocheting 🙂
7. Brittany of amamatale.com – Her site is so whimsical.
8. Chelsea of runninginstilettos.com – I’m excited to keep reading her Stitch Fix reviews. I’ve considered using Stitch Fix before, but am always too nervous about not knowing the quality of the clothes. Can’t wait to see more! Also, Chelsea – let me know if you get a Stitch Fix discount for doing these reviews…I could be all about that!
9. Bre of brepea.com – So many good DIY/Crafty posts! Hard to choose just one – although that three tiered hanging planter is calling my name…
10. Elizabeth of momalwaysknows.com – The advice post was such a good idea. I love the idea of polling other moms (especially blogging moms) for advice…my wheels are turning.
11. Natasha of gritsngrace.com – I just pinned the 50 books for toddlers post so I can go back and look at it. I have some of these books, but not all. Actually – I’m ‘bout to send this post to like 4 of my friends. So good.
12. Jessi of thecoffeemom.com – Her kids names are so cute – Willow and Luca. Precious. Also, the post on how to really help a new mom. So true. For the love of all that is holy, call before coming.
13. Crystal of messy-mommy.com – Postpartum hair loss. Yup. I hear you girl. I feel your struggle.
14. Vicki of babiestobookworms.com – I just really like the blog. As a school psychologist and mom, teaching my son to love reading is something that is and will continue to be so important to me. This blog has great tips and resources for reading. Love it.
15. Jamie of tredovy.com – It’s hard to choose a favorite of the 15, but this might just be it. Jamie’s blog is beautiful and inspiring. If you are artsy, this is definitely a blog to follow. Also, her Instagram is really beautiful too.